The Reserve Bank of India invites applications from eligible candidates for 610 posts of “Assistant” in various offices of the Bank. Selection for the post will be through a country-wide competitive Examination in two phases i.e. Preliminary and Main examination followed by an Interview.
Applications will be accepted only Online through the Bank’s website.
Eligibility Criteria :
(a) Age (as on 07.11.2016)
Between 20 and 28 years. Candidates must have been born not earlier than 08/11/1988 and not later than 07/11/1996 (both days including) are only eligible to apply.
Relaxation in the Upper Age Limit:
Upper age limit will be relaxed as under :
|Sr. No||Category||Relaxation in Age|
|(i)||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||By 5 years, i.e. up to 33 years|
|(ii)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 3 years, i.e. up to 31 years|
|(iii)||Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||By 10 years (GEN) 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)|
|(iv)||Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years.|
|(v)||Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated who are not re-married||By 10 years|
|(vi)||Candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989.||By 5 years|
|(vii)||Candidates having work experience in Reserve Bank of India||To the extent of number of years of such experience, subject to maximum of 3 years.|
NOTE: Cumulative Age Relaxation will not be available either under the above items or in combination with any other items.
Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of interview.
Educational Qualifications (as on 07.11.2016) :
i) At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
ii) A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
iii) Candidates applying for post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
Pay Scale :
Selected Candidates will draw a starting basic pay of ₹ 14650/- per month (i.e. ₹ 13150 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates only) in the scale of 13150-750 (3)-15400- 900(4) -19000-1200(6)-26200-1300 (2)-28800- 1480(3) – 33240 – 1750 (1)- 34990 (20 years) and other allowances , viz. Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc. as admissible from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments for Assistants is approximately 32124/-
How to Apply :
DETAILED GUIDELINES/PROCEDURES FOR
A. APPLICATION REGISTRATION
B. PAYMENT OF FEES
A. Candidates can apply online only from 07.11.2016 to 28.11.2016 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
Before applying online, candidates should-
i. Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload (Annex I).
ii. Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with /mention e mail id to any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
(iii) Application Fees/ Intimation Charges (Non- Refundable)
B. Payable from 07.11.2016 to 28.11.2016 (Online payment)
- 50/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXS. (Intimation Charges)
- 450/- for OBC/General candidates (Examination fee+ Intimation Charges)
Staff candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee and intimation charges.
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
A. Application Procedure
2. To register application, choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
3. In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the "SAVE AND NEXT" facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
4. Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
5. The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
6. Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
7. Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
8. Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
9. Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
10. Modify details, if required, and click on 'FINAL SUBMIT' ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
11. Click on 'Payment' Tab and proceed for payment.
12. Click on 'Submit' button.
B. PAYMENT OF FEES
1. The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
2. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
3. After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE.
4. On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
5. Non-generation of 'E-Receipt' indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
6. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form containing fee details. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
7. For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
8. To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
9. There is facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button. Candidates must note that the name filled in the online application should match exactly with the name as appearing on photo identity proof to be produced at the time of examination for verification. Female candidates who have changed first/ last/middle name post marriage must take special note of this. Visually Impaired candidates are responsible for carefully verifying/ getting the details filled in, in the online application form properly verified and ensuring that the same are correct prior to FINAL SUBMIT as no change is possible after FINAL SUBMIT.
Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Category, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after submission of the online application form. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained. RBI will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application form.
An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form will not be considered as valid.
Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply on-line much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fee to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on the RBI’s website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam.
RBI does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of RBI.
Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
Any information submitted by an applicant in his/ her application shall be binding on the candidate personally and he/she shall be liable for prosecution/ civil consequences in case the information/ details furnished by him/ her are found to be false at a later stage.
Exam Packages Details
|Sr. No.||Package Name||Validity||Price||Details||Buy Now|
RBI Assistant Syllabus 2016 – Complete details paper wise
The syllabus for all the papers has been given here.
- Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
Paper 1: Reasoning:
- Analytical Reasoning, Direction and Distance, Linear Arrangement
- Complex Arrangement, Analogy
- Classification (Odd Man Out), Coding Decoding, Series
- Data Sufficiency, Data Interpretation
- Syllogism, Statements Assumptions
- Statements Arguments, Statements Conclusions
- Statements Action, Blood Relationships
- Symbols and Notations, Alphabet
- Problems Based on Symmetry
- Problems Based on Visual Ability
- Classification (Non Verbal)
- Series (Non Verbal), Analogy (Non Verbal)
Paper 2: English:
- Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Analogies
- Spelling Mistakes, Idioms and Phrases
- Paragraph Formation, Paragraph Completion
- Fill in The Blanks, Cloze Tests, Common Errors, Spotting Errors
- Inappropriate Usage of Words, One Word Substitution
- Sentence Formation, Sentence Completion
- Sentence Improvement, Sentence Reconstruction
- Rearrangement of Words In Sentence
- Rearrangement of Sentence In Paragraph
- Sentence Correction, English Comprehension
Paper 3: Numerical Ability:
- Arithmetic (Number Theory), Number Systems, Square Roots
- Cube Roots, Fractions and Decimals, H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Simplification, Variation, Chain Rule, Unitary Method
- Time and Distance, Time and Work, Work and Wages
- Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Partnership
- Discounts, Mensuration- Areas and Volumes
- Area and Perimeter of Plane Figure
- Volume And Surface Area of Solid, Ratio and Proportion
- Average, Logarithms, Ages
- Boats and Streams, Clocks and Calendars, Mixture and Allegation
- Pipes and Cisterns, Races and Games, Problems on Trains
Paper 4: General Awareness
- General Knowledge, Animals Famous Personalities
- Books And Authors First Largest, Buildings Inventions And
- Calendars Languages, Countries Music, Currencies Religions
- General Concepts (Polity), Economics Study, General Polity
- General Science, Computer Science
- Sports And Recreation
- Current Events National and International
- Science And Technology, Dances Sanctuaries
- Disasters, Prizes And Awards, Geography, History
Paper 5: Computer Knowledge:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Computer hardware
- Operating system concepts
- Shortcut keys
- Basic security concepts
- Latest technologies
- Application Packages etc.
- MS Word, excel
- MS power point, access
- Internet & networks
a. Preliminary Examination :
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 Hour|
b. Main Examination :
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||Composite time of
|2||Test of English Language||40||40|
|3||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40|
|4||Test of General Awareness||40||40|
|5||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40|
c. Interview: 35 Marks
i) The above main online tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
ii) Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests of the online examinations
iii) A candidate has to qualify in Preliminary Examination for appearing in Main Examination.
iv) There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests (Preliminary and Main examination).1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
v) Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letter for examination from the RBI’s website.
vi) Roll No. of the candidates successful in preliminary online examination will be made available on RBI’s website in January 2017. The Roll No. of candidates successful in main online examination will be available on RBI’s website and a brief notice thereof will be published on the Bank’s website in February/March 2017.
vii) Only such number of candidates will be called for interview who stand sufficiently high in merit on the aggregate marks of the Objective Tests, such merit being decided by the Bank in relation to the number of vacancies to be filled in.
viii) Final selection will be on the basis of candidate's performance in the online main examination and interview taken together in order of merit.
|Website Link Open||07.11.2016 to 28.11.2016|
|Payment of Examination Fees (Online)||07.11.2016 to 28.11.2016|
|Schedule of Online Preliminary Test (Tentative)||December 23 & 24, 2016. However RBI reserves the right to change the dates of examination.|
|Schedule of Online Main Test (Tentative)||January 2017. However RBI reserves the right to change the dates of examination.|